Mounting NFS on RPX-Lite

Laura Dean tralad at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 00:10:21 EST 2001

Well, rebooting fixed the problem with trying to mount
the wrong directory, maybe I should use DHCP Beta 3.0
but I was having problems getting that one to work
earlier...

Yes, I assume I have something configured wrong on my
NFS server but I can't figure out what it could be,
especially since I can mount the directories from
other Linux PCs on the network.

Someone suggested that I should take out the nis
entrys in my nsswitch.conf file (which I did) and
maybe that would make it work (which it didn't).

I've also noticed a new behavior which might indicate
something to someone smarter than me - after the board
tries to mount the NFS server, showmount no longer
returns a response. I restart the NFS server (and
unplug the board), and showmount shows that
10.1.100.111 (the IP of the board) is mounted.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Laura

http://auctions.yahoo.com/