Memory corruption bug in HardHat-1.2 CPU6 workaround

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Fri Sep 29 01:49:16 EST 2000

Graham Stoney wrote:

> I've just noticed some potential memory corruption bugs associated with
> the CPU6 workaround in the PPC HardHat-1.2 kernel.

In what LSP of the 1.2 CDK?  Mark has been predominantly discussing
the 8240/755 Sandpoint and providing pointers to software that doesn't
represent integration of the 8xx software on the CDK.

Is this a problem in one of the MPC8xx LSPs of the CDK?

> ...meaning that they will clobber an unrelated value in memory 8 bytes
> after cpu6_bug.

I'm travelling and don't have an 8xx LSP handy, but there was supposed
to be sufficient space allocated here to prevent this condition.  Thanks
for the note and I will check the software to ensure this is correct in
the MPC8xx CDKs.

	-- Dan