VxWorks bootloader & PowerQUICC II, Booting the kernel

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch
Thu Sep 28 18:51:27 EST 2000

Hi Dan

I guess I found the message which points to the tool mentioned in your
answer below:

>I wrote a program that will hack the headers such that the stupid
>VxWorks TFTP loader would load the zImage (like other properly
>written loaders will do without any hacks).  I don't know if this
>will help anyone else.  You can find it on
>       ftp://ftp.embeddededge.com/pub/vxhack.c
>

>       -- Dan

Unfortunately, this link doesn't work anymore! Do you mind sending
a copy of this file directly to me?

Thank you, Ruedi

dan at mvista.com on 27.09.2000 19:36:24
An: Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch @ MailGate
Kopie: linuxppc-embedded at lists.linuxppc.org @ MailGate, vanbaren_gerald at si.com @ MailGate, kernel at linux01.hasler.ascom.ch @ MailGate
Thema: Re: VxWorks bootloader & PowerQUICC II, Booting the kernel

Ruedi.Hofer at ascom.ch wrote:

> I try to boot the Linux kernel on a SBC8260 evaluation board using
> the VxWorks bootloader.

Somewhere (and you can look through the archives as well as I can :-),
I posted a program that will hack a zImage so the VxWorks boot loader
will properly load and start it.....