NFS problem

Jari jari.nguyen at serialsystem.com.sg
Wed Sep 27 21:53:07 EST 2000

Hello,
I'm a newcomer. Help me, pls.

Now I want to strip down the size of the library glibc 2.1.3 to make it only
support my application.
Is there anyone teach me about the glibc or where I can have the information
about it.

I've visited Graham Stoney's webpage  at ncbi, and  mmporter's webpage.
I've just built glibc 2.1.3 and I think that I must look into the source code
of it.
But can you tell me the general information about the lib such as what is the
structure of the lib?
what does libc-2.1.3.so support?
what does the other lib support? .. etc..
what is the relationship between them?
is there any web size or any document written about how to reduce the size of
the glibc?

I'm sorry if my question is too simple, because I've just worked with linux for
2 months.
thank in advance.
Jari