switching linux kernels

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Wed Sep 27 02:54:48 EST 2000

Julia Elbert wrote:

>                 I am switching to HardHat 2.2.13 from ppc 2.2.13.

> .....whatsoever, just the data is corrupted some how.

Depending upon the flavor of the day ppc 2.2.13, it could be a cache
configuration difference.  The old 2.2.13 kernels often had the data
cache in the write-through mode to avoid a variety of bugs in both
hardware and software.

The HHLinux 2.2.13 (and all later kernels) run with copy-back data
cache and subsequent silicon errata fixes, so there may be a cache
coherency hole in the way your driver manages it's space.

	-- Dan