kgdb/Sandpoint -- patch & help needed

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Wed Sep 20 23:34:16 EST 2000

Hi, Dan!

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 01:00:47PM -0400, you wrote the following:

> > Right, but before calling setup_arch, it prints the linux kernel
> > banner! Here's the code:
>
> The kernel "prints" lots of stuff, and it all goes into a buffer,
> to emerge quite late in the boot process when the (serial)
> console port is initialized for real use by applications.

Ooh,, I didn't know that. Thanks.

> > And I don't see the banner. Did you see it when you encountered this?
>
> You should see a 20 character (or so) ASCII string of coded information
> appear on the serial port used for GDB.  The system stops at this
> point, waiting to hear from GDB (as you have already discovered).

Still no dice.. I started minicom on the second serial port, and it
doesn't show anything when I boot the kernel. I can't find any obvious
reason for that. Perhaps someone with a Sandpoint should try it out?

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh at hectic.net, alexsh at linux.org.il   +-----------------------

For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain.