IDE on Sandpoint

ZHANG,HAI-TAO (Non-A-China,ex1) hai-tao_zhang at non.agilent.com
Mon Sep 4 14:33:14 EST 2000

Hi,

I have tried to boot Linux kernel on Sandpoint 603e using the nfsroot. But I
cannot make the IDE working under Mode 1.

There are some comments from MontaVista CDK1.2:
"5) If you want to try IDE, you must route the IDE interrupts through the
i8259; they are not wired to PCI slots 1 & 2 as the Sandpoint manual
indicates."

In the Winbond 83c553 manual, there are some registers that can route the
IDE IRQ into 8259 (IRQ14). I have tried to set them but it does not work, do
I need to modify the hardware? or someone has the successful experience on
IDE disk who can help me?

Thanks a lot,
Haitao Zhang,