cpm_enet_down and MAC address change.

Daris A Nevil dnevil at snmc.com
Sat Sep 2 00:21:00 EST 2000

Hyun-Joon,

I have been promising myself that I would re-work the ethernet driver
for use in QSLinux (qslinux.org), but have never gotten around to it.
The driver performs initialization in the init() function, rather than
the first call to open().  Another problem with the driver is that it
will only work with a single enet port.  I wanted to modify it so that
it would work with multiple ports.  A good example of how this can be
found is the HDLC driver (hdlcppp.c) from the QSLinux source.  This is
the source I will use (eventually) to rewrite the enet driver, as it
already has all of the buffer descriptor handling, and the open and
close handling setup correctly.  That driver allows you to open one or
more HDLC channels, and also allows you to close arbitrary channels.

Regards,
Daris

--
Daris A Nevil