cpm_enet_down and MAC address change.

Hyun-Joon Cha tachyon at postech.ac.kr
Fri Sep 1 17:09:39 EST 2000

Hello.

In shell, I can't do down ethernet interface.
======================================
# ifconfig eth0 down
dev_close: bug eth0 still running

I checked ethernet driver and found that there are empty code for it.

At cpm_enet_close of arch/ppc/8xx_io/enet.c
static int
cpm_enet_close(struct device *dev)
{
        /* Don't know what to do yet.
        */

        return 0;
}

So, I can't down ethernet interface on Linux for MPC850 and can't change MAC addr at runtime also.

Then how can I make it possible? or do someone make module for ethernet and serial driver for MPC?

Maybe it's a good idea to modularize it and make a configuration header file for parallel IO pins to SCCs and SMCs to port Linux easy.

If anybody know it or have a idea please answer.

Thanks in advance.
Have a nice day.