MBX kernel compile error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Oct 18 11:08:43 EST 2000

Dear Yiran,

in message <20001017210229.5208.qmail at web5201.mail.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> I tried to compile linux kernel for MBX board on
> i686-pc-linux. The package I used to built my
> cross-compiler is:
>
>     binutils-2.10
>     glibc-2.1.3
>     gcc-2.95
>
> The kernel package I used is
>
>     linux-2.2.17
> Could anyone give me any idea about where I was wrong?

You better get some working cross tools that are ready configured for
Embedded  PowerPC  systems;  there  are  some  small,  but  necessary
changes.  Check  out the MV tools, or, if you want to build the tools
from scratch, our patches and build scripts at
ftp://ftp.denx.de/pub/LinuxPPC/usr/src/CDK.tar.gz
(and see also http://www.denx.de/solutions-en.html ).

Also, get a kernel version for the Embedded PPC - 2.2.17  will  *NOT*
work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Little known fact about Middle Earth:   The Hobbits had a very sophi-
sticated computer network!   It was a Tolkien Ring...