exchanges file in minicom

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Wed Oct 11 22:29:22 EST 2000

You can use uuencode to convert binary to an ASCII encoding, transfer
the (now ASCII) file via cat (or use the minicom capture feature), and
then use uudecode to convert the file back into binary.  You can use
tar to bundle files together and gzip to make them smaller before you
uuencode them (making them bigger again :-).

This is technically inferior to the zmodem approach, but all the tools
should already be on your systems.

gvb