exchanges file in minicom

Eurico Inocencio emi at cdftel.pt
Wed Oct 11 19:30:34 EST 2000

Hello

>After kernel is running on target, how can I send/receive files between
>host(minicom/linux) and target ?
>For ascii file, I can use "cat  < /dev/ttyS0" on target, and
>"ascii-xfr .." on host. How about Binary files ?

Try ZMODEM, minicom can send and receive files using this
protocol, on the target you need to compile the ´rz' and
or 'sz' programs on your target, or like we do here, integrate
the ZMODEM protocol into the target application.

Like many others we have been using ZMODEM for a number
of years, with both minicom and the win98 "hyper terminal",
both are great for binary file transfers to the target.

Best Regards
Eurico
  Eurico Mendes Inocencio          CDFtel,
Lda
  Ph. No:  +351.22.3389843         Rua Goncalo Cristovao, 347 - Sala 205
  FAX No:  +351.22.3389845         4000-270 PORTO
  E-mail:  mailto:emi at cdftel.pt    Portugal