MBX860 Linux

Geir Frode Raanes geirfrs at invalid.ed.ntnu.no
Thu Oct 5 20:26:42 EST 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Dan Malek wrote:

> Jamie Guinan wrote:
>
> > The only problem I had with the MBX was the lack of schematics (maybe
> > someone at Motorola actually has them, but I was not able to locate
> > that person).  If you're considering buying new boards, you might look
> > at the Embedded Planet boards.
>
> Keep in mind that both of these boards, the MBX and Embedded Planet,
> are production-ready boards, not evaluation cards.  Production ready

*Host* Now that must be why the MBX860 fails every single
environmental and EMC test we throw at it...

Don't get me wrong. You are absolutely right that the MBX860
_should_ be production quality. It just ain't so. And yes, we do
have the schematics for the MBX860 under a NDA. This schematics
does explain a lot of the troubles... I am not impressed by any
standard. We have designed a inhouse replacement, but have yet
to prototype and debug it. To busy. But no, it is not a direct
replacement. I refuse to make the same mistakes all over again.
We hook up alot of external logic that we need to just work.

> own.  They are not interested in selling one for you to copy :-).

We have the schematics, I do not copy...

  Never ever underestimate the power of human stupidity.
  -Robert Anson Heinlein

		GeirFRS at invalid.ed.ntnu.no