MBX860 Linux

Jamie Guinan guinan at bluebutton.com
Thu Oct 5 05:55:34 EST 2000

On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Dan Malek wrote:

> Jamie Guinan wrote:
>
> > The only problem I had with the MBX was the lack of schematics (maybe
> > someone at Motorola actually has them, but I was not able to locate
> > that person).  If you're considering buying new boards, you might look
> > at the Embedded Planet boards.
>
> Keep in mind that both of these boards, the MBX and Embedded Planet,
> are production-ready boards, not evaluation cards.  Production ready
> boards are always highest quality, have boot roms and easy to use tools,
> and seldom have engineering information available. Most companies will
> work with you to meet your own production costs when the volumes are
> high, including providing the engineering information to build your
> own.  They are not interested in selling one for you to copy :-).

True, I guess I'm spoiled working around all this open source stuff.  :)

Hey, sorry if its o.t. for the list, but I noticed Dan's doing a
conference session at the Embedded Linux Conference in Framingham
MA on the 27th.  Just thought I'd mention it here if anyone on the
list was thinking about attending.

  http://www.rtcgroup.com/elinuxexpo/index2.html

-Jamie