Porting LinuxPPC

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Fri May 19 15:10:50 EST 2000

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Wu writes:
> I compiled the mpc8xx-2.2.13 sources using the attached configuration for a
> MPC860T based board with 32MB of RAM. The output vmlinux file was downloaded
> to the target using a BDM debugger. I changed the KERNELLOAD and KERNELBASE
> to 1000000 instead of c0000000 so that the code is located at the start of
> the 16MB region.

To quote Grant Erickson in
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/200001/msg00123.html:

"You don't ever want to change KERNELLOAD or KERNELBASE, otherwise the
virtual memory and MMU code will all break."

This seems to be a common error, so I might add mention of it in the HOWTO.

Regards,
Graham