How to get rom code to go on FADS?

Richard Hendricks richard.hendricks at motorola.com
Tue May 16 01:54:58 EST 2000

"Dan A. Dickey" wrote:

>         /* Now we need to fix the LR since it points back to
> 0x0000_010x,
>          * not 0x0280_010x like it needs to after we muck up the BCSR's
> */
>
>         mflr    r3
>         oris    r3, r3, 0x0280
>         mtlr    r3
>
>         addis   r0,0,0
>
>         addi    r3, r0, MSR_    /* Set ME, RI flags */
>         mtmsr   r3
>         mtspr   SRR1, r3        /* Make SRR1 match MSR */
>
>         /* Make the LR equal the PC. */
>         oris    r3,r0,sync_jump at h
>         ori             r3,r3,sync_jump at l
>         mtspr   LR,r3
>         bclr    20,0
> sync_jump:

Kinda odd you leave the mflr, oris, mtlr and then change it to match the
PC.
Since you are not being called from another function, you really
shouldn't
need either. (IE, what's the point in making the LR equal to the PC?
Would probably make more sense to make it point to, say, the Machine
Check exception)

> #if 1
>         /* position IMMR */
>
>         lis     r1, IMMR_VALUE at h
>         ori     r1, r1, 0
>         mtspr   638, r1
>
> bror1start:
>         /* need to setup BR1/OR1 to get to the BCSR on the fads */
>         lis r9,0xffff
>         ori r9,r9,0x8110
>         lis r10,0x0210
>         ori r10,r10,0x0001
>         stw r9,0x10C(r1)
>         stw r10,0x108(r1)

>         /* signal on */
>         lis     r8,0x210
>         ori     r8,r8,16
>         lis r9,0x210
>         ori r9,r9,16
>         lwz r10,0(r9)
>         rlwinm r9,r10,0,4,2
>         stw r9,0(r8)

Hm.. Whay are you ori'ing in 16?  BCSR1 should be at 0x4, not 0x10.  You
end
up dropping r9 onto BCSR0, which can't be a good thing.  Try changing
the
two ori's to ori r8,r8,4 and ori r9, r9, 4.  Let me know what happens!

--
MPC823 Applications Engineering Development
Get help from other MPC823 customers on the