Problem with MPC823 LCD driver

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Fri May 5 02:25:45 EST 2000

Kim Jørgensen wrote:

> I got a custom MPC823E board, and I want to use a LCD display with Linux.

Get the logic analyzer on the bus.......

> Can anyone tell me what is wrong, and how to solve this?

I can make a few guesses.  This has nothing to do with Math Emulation,
and everything to do with fetching the proper instructions into the
core.  The LCD controller is a heavy-duty DMA controller that has
priority over everything to ensure it can keep the display updated
from system memory.  Since the controller performs large burst mode
operations, this is a classic example of memory controller or memory
interface problems.  I suspect the memory timing isn't correct and the
instructions are just bad memory cycles that can't be properly
decoded.

	-- Dan