Problem with MPC823 LCD driver

Kim Jørgensen KIJ at infocom.dk
Thu May 4 20:38:15 EST 2000

Hi.

I got a custom MPC823E board, and I want to use a LCD display with Linux.
So I removed the HIOX specific line in lcd823.c, and added the LCD frame
buffer to the kernel. But I got a problem; the kernel crashes about 3
seconds after bash gets started, with this message:

init-2.00# Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel panic: Kernel Mode Software FPU Emulation
Kernel stack overflow in process c02f8000, r1=c02f82d0
NIP: C0054D20 XER: 8000BC7F LR: C0054D20 REGS: c02f8220 TRAP: 1000
MSR: 00001032 EE: 0 PR: 0 FP: 0 ME: 1 IR/DR: 11
Machine check in kernel mode.
Caused by (from msr): regs c006ff00 Machine check signal - probably due to
mm fault
with mmu off
NIP: 00001230 XER: A000BC7F LR: C0002544 REGS: c006ff00 TRAP: 0200
MSR: 00001000 EE: 0 PR: 0 FP: 0 ME: 1 IR/DR: 00
Machine check in kernel mode.
Caused by (from msr):

Can anyone tell me what is wrong, and how to solve this?

I'm using the kernel from mvista and I have enabled Math Emulation. The
kernel runs fine without the LCD driver.
I have used the LCD driver on a PRXL board without any problems.

---
Kim Jorgensen