X-server for the mpc823 LCD controller?

Matthew Locke mlocke at jps.net
Tue May 2 01:17:53 EST 2000

> I would like to run X-windows (or something similar) on my custom mpc823
> board. So I'm looking for a X-server for the mpc823 LCD
> controller, is there
> any one out there?

Check out http://www.microwindows.org  It is a small graphics engine with a
Win32 API and a X-like API.  The current verison supports Embedded Planet's
LinuxPlanet box (0.88pre7, I think)

btw, I am finishing up a touch screen driver for LinuxPlanet that works with
Microwindows.  Check the Montavista ftp site in the next week or so.  I will
make another anouncement when it is there.

> I have used the RPXL LCD frame buffer on my RPXL board, with the program
> dispbmp. Is the source code available for this program?

If you bought a LinuxPlanet, you should have the source on the CD from
Embedded Planet.

> Can any existing graphical server use this frame buffer?

I don't think so (execpt microwindows). I am not totally familiar with the
linux fb device, but I believe the lcd driver needs a little more work to
look like a linux fb device. Or you will need to hack the server to use our
lcd driver.

Matthew Locke
Embedded Planet
S/W Development