8xxROM with MPC860ADS - ATA Flash Card not recognized?

Eisenzopf Thomas thomas.eisenzopf at siemens.at
Thu Mar 30 18:11:39 EST 2000

Hallo,

does anyone know this problem:

Using 8xxROM on a MPC860ADS board does not recognize my ATA flash card in
the PCMCIA slot (SanDisk compact flash with PCMCIA adapter). In the
beginning of the bootloader startup I get the message "pcmcia: no card
present". Parts of my "config.h" (I tried with and without PCMCIABUG):

.
.
.
#define MPC860 1

#define CONFIG_ADS 1   /* define if your board is FADS */
.
.
.
/* disk configuration */

#define CONFIG_DISK_ATA 1
#undef CONFIG_DISK_ATA_PCMCIABUG
#undef CONFIG_DISK_ROM

#define CONFIG_DISK_SPINUP_TIME 1000000

#if 0
#define CONFIG_DISK_DEFAULTDEV "ata"
#define CONFIG_DISK_DEFAULTPART "1"
#endif

/* PCMCIA configuration */
#define PCMCIA_MAX_SLOTS    2

#ifdef MPC860
#  define PCMCIA_SLOT_A 1
#endif
#if defined(MCP823) || defined(MPC860)
#  define PCMCIA_SLOT_B 1     /* 823 does only have a B slot */
#endif
.
.
.