About rs232 on motorola mpc8260 ads board

zzh david-1z at 263.net
Fri Mar 24 10:58:44 EST 2000

>David--
>
>I've been using the MPC8260ADS board(ENGversion) for about 3months.
>I have Port1(SCC1) connectedtoa SUN tty port and have had no problems.
>There is demo oe on the Motorola site that show you how to program theport.As to the ranges of outpuut voltages,I have not measured them.
>
>Try
>http://www.mot-sps.com/products/microprocessors/32_bit/mpc8000/mpc8260_devtools.html
>cheers--
>SteveTarr

I am using the pilot version of the ads board,and  indeed run the
init8260 example from mot web site.How do you connect the pins?
According to ads manual,pin 2 from connector is tx,pin 3 is rx,
,and i also connect pin 4( DTR connect with SCC1 CD on PC14) with
pin 6(DSR).The output volatege is 0-5V.but the logic is 232.
I think it should be i had not  connectted the pins  correctly?
At the time of writing,when i reading the ads manual,i found CTS(pin 8) connect to SCC1's RTS on PD29.But the Init program did not program
this pin?How about eng version's connection?Should i program this pin?

Ê׶¼ÔÚÏß--ÖйúÈ˵ÄÍøÉϼÒÔ° http://www.263.net
@263.netÖйú×î´óµÄÔÚÏßÓÊ¾Ö http://freemail.263.net