Disabling interrupts

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Fri Mar 24 08:50:05 EST 2000

Hello!

I need to disable interrupts for a short time from a user program on
RPX/Lite. This needs to be done only once, but it's absolutely essential
that the program is not interrupted during a certain period of time.

Using the __cli() function from the kernel sources in a user-space program
doesn't work. The first instruction "mfmsr %r0" (Get current interrupt
state) causes SIGILL.

Probably I could hack the kernel to make processes with very high priority
uninterruptible.

I'm quite sure that the problem is not new. Anybody has a better idea?

Pavel Roskin