A question about head.S

Jerry Van Baren vanbaren_gerald at si.com
Thu Jun 29 01:17:03 EST 2000

You can use numbers for local (temporary) labels followed by 'f' for
forward or 'b' for back.  The instruction bne 4f goes to the label '4'
further down in the program.  If it was bne 4b, it would go to the
label '4' previously seen in the file.  This is good for short logical
jumps and loops.  Use the feature with care, massive confusion
otherwise ensues.

gvb