Using zImage.initrd

Daniel Wu Daniel.Wu at alcatel.com.au
Tue Jun 13 09:09:40 EST 2000

Dan Malek wrote:

> > > What is the rest of this backtrace?
> > >

> > C00FF71B buf
> > C00B8474 extract_entropy
> > C00B8648 get random_bytes
> > C00FA2B4 init_elf_binfmt
> > C00F7774 start_kernel
> > C000221C start_here
>
> Oh wow.....If this is really where the code is running, something
> very fundamental is broken in the hardware because there should have
> been lots more printed out on the console.  You are still running in
> very generic kernel functions that work on all architectures.

But this is only a problem if I do "make zImage.initrd" and not "make zImage". The
latter actually passes this point without error, it fails when it can't get the root
image from the network, when is expected since I am not planning to boot using that
method.

Anyway, I will give your suggestions a try, but my feeling is that they won't make
much difference. BTW, the hardware is not "new" and it works fine with another OS and
applications. I ported the UPM setup from the existing code so I'm pretty sure they
are ok.

Daniel