Running the 823 FADS board @ 72 MHZ

Richard Hendricks richard.hendricks at motorola.com
Sat Jun 10 04:56:08 EST 2000

I do not know of any *development* board that is running the faster
speed CPU's in 1:1 mode.  I *do* know several customers are running
their designs at 66 MHz 1:1.  There is also at least 1 customer I
know of running 75 Mhz 1:1 without problems.  I wrote an application
note describing how to do a high-speed SDRAM interface to the MPC823.
Hint: PC66 will NOT work at 66 MHz.  PC100 in most cases won't even
work at 75 MHz.  If you are interested in the app note, I recently
published it on comp.sys.powerpc.tech