allocating non-cacheable regions

Steve Rossi srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Thu Jun 1 06:53:25 EST 2000

I'm back on this ... with another question. Following the examples in
commproc.c and enet.c - does setting the _PAGE_NO_CACHE flag
for a page table entry also invalidate any cached data for that page?
I am observing a write-though behavior when I write to addresses in
the _PAGE_NO_CACHE page but when I read from addresses marked
as _PAGE_NO_CACHE it appears to be retrieving data from the cache
not from memory. Is this expected behavior? How can I make it so that
reads as well as writes to a particular page bypass the cache?

Thanks,
Steve

Steven K. Rossi                     srossi at ccrl.mot.com
Staff Engineer
Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
Motorola Labs