kmem_grow: Called nonatomically from int - size-32?

Mike Flynn mflynn at enerdyne.com
Wed Jul 26 05:27:25 EST 2000

We have been hacking away on a TI  16C554 quad UART driver based on
serial.c. The driver supports the TI chip on our motherboard which hosts an
Embedded Planet CLLF with an MOT 860T processor. We have all four ports
working with interrupts, but we are seeing this message several times before
the system hangs: "kmem_grow: Called nonatomically from int - size-32." It
is issued from linux/mm/slab.c and obviously has something to do with shared
memory. Does anyone have insight as to what we are (or are not doing) to
upset slab.c?

Thanks,

Mike Flynn
Principal Software Engineer