Questions about using shell and tools linked with glibc2.1

Marcus Sundberg erammsu at kieraypc01.p.y.ki.era.ericsson.se
Mon Jan 31 23:42:55 EST 2000

"Wohlgemuth, Jason" <jason_wohlgemuth at gilbarco.com> writes:

> I am trying to get my MPC860 board to work with binaries linked against
> glibc2.1.  The kernel has math emulation support and when I pull down a
> prebuilt bash & glibc & libtermcap packages from ftp.linuxppc.org and I try
> to use them I end up hanging.

You can _not_ use a normal glibc on 8xx CPUs. See
http://lists.linuxppc.org/listarcs/linuxppc-embedded/199909/msg00000.html
for info and patches. As you have math emulation in the kernel only
the first part (about cache-lines) is relevant.

//Marcus
--
Signature under construction, please come back later.