Questions about using shell and tools linked with glibc2.1

Wohlgemuth, Jason jason_wohlgemuth at gilbarco.com
Sat Jan 29 05:53:24 EST 2000

I am trying to get my MPC860 board to work with binaries linked against
glibc2.1.  The kernel has math emulation support and when I pull down a
prebuilt bash & glibc & libtermcap packages from ftp.linuxppc.org and I try
to use them I end up hanging.  I went into fs/namei.c and put a printk at
the top of open_namei to see if I could track down which library was causing
the problem and I ended up with this output.

open_namei(): attempting to open "/dev/console".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/sbin/init".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/etc/init".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/bin/init".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/bin/sh".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/lib/ld.so.1".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/etc/ld.so.preload".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/etc/ld.so.cache".
open_namei(): attempting to open "/lib/libtermcap.so.2".

so it finds /bin/sh and starts to load it but it looks like it is blowing up
with libtermcap.so.2 which is a link to libtermcap.so.2.0.8

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is does anyone have tools linked
against glibc working on their boards?

Thanks in advance,
Jason