Cross-compiling standard utilities for 860

brian.neidig at ni.com brian.neidig at ni.com
Wed Jan 26 13:45:48 EST 2000

I am using an 860 based board, and am in need of several of the 'standard' Linux
utilities.  (shells, module support, ls, etc.)  In the past, I've always gone to
the net and started looking around for an RPM containing the source code that I
need and then take that and compile it for my platform.  However, lately, I've
spent a lot of time not finding what I am looking for.  Is there a place someone
can suggest that I can go to and get many of the standard utilities in source?

Sometimes, these utilities are in RPMs (if not all the time.)  Is there a place
that I can go to get a list of what utilities are in what RPMs?  (That is, how
would I know that the source to ls is in x.y-4.rpm?)   Distributions build them,
so they have to exist somewhere!

Thanks,
Brian Neidig