Embedded Linux

Alexander S. Guy alexander.guy at software.com
Wed Jan 26 06:07:14 EST 2000

    Ruedi> After a lot of difficulties I managed to boot a linux
    Ruedi> kernel.

Cool.  What kernel did you end up using?

[snip]

    Ruedi> - Does someone know where to get such a precompiled
    Ruedi> distribution for ppc 860

I've started rebuilding Debian (potato) for work in my lab.  I don't have
the whole thing, but once I get ``base'' built, I could put it up.

    Ruedi> - How did you proceed? Did u build all the stuff yourselfs?

Pretty much.  I started out w/ building a patched glibc 2.1.2 on my Apple G3 w/
the tweaks for the MPC860.  I have some more information on:

    http://www.luxlucis.com/~alex/projects/MBX/

I still need to package up my binaries and patches; they'll be up in the
next few days.

Alexander