Antw: Re: Help Sought: 8390-Ethernet Troubles on PowerPC 4xx Port

Niklaus Giger n.giger at netstal.com
Sat Jan 15 08:31:59 EST 2000

>>> Grant Erickson <grant at lcse.umn.edu> 14.01.00 20:29:50 >>>
>
>Niklaus (and others),>
>The board now at least ARPs through the interface to the NFS server and
>the NFS server responds. However, that's as far as it gets at this point
>(see below). Any ideas? In the interim, I'm going to try experimenting
>with a few more things.

Dear Grant,

Are you sure that the ethernet interrupt are correclty handled? It seems to me
that the oak board never answers.

Have you ever serviced correctly a interrupt on the PPC403?
Interrupt handling on the PPC403 is very different from other PPC-architectures.
If you have HW-debug possiblity through the JTAG, try to break on external interrupt
at address 0x500 and step through the interrupt code to verify that it works correctly.

Other idea: Do you need a byte swapping to set the controller TCP/IP-address/ethernet
adresses?

Regards

Niklaus Giger
Netstal Maschinen AG