Cross-compile Applications for 860 on x86

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jan 14 22:01:08 EST 2000

In message <387EDEF5.DBD612FA at huawei.com.cn> you write:

>      When I compile the SASH  with "-static" options and then replace /bin/sh with sash.
> When reseting my MPC860 based board, the kernel boot normally and can show the boot messages. But at last it
> cannot show the "bash#" prompt. If I input "ls" or such commands,

"sash" is the standalone shell, not bash; it  will  display  a  ">  "
prompt - not "bash# ".

> It justs shows :
>
>     ls
>     pid 8: killed (signal 11)

Maybe you have a problem  with  you  shared  libraries.  Try  running
statically  link  versions  of  some  programs first. Does this work?
[Well, it should when you be able to run a shell...]

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Drun'? 'm not drun'! You woudn' dare call m' drun' if I was sober!
                                     - Terry Pratchett, _Men at Arms_