Antwort: Re: Antwort: 8xxrom wierdness, 2nd

Magnus Damm damm at kieraypc01.p.y.ki.era.ericsson.se
Wed Jan 12 23:43:18 EST 2000

> - Do you have experience with the sandisk pc cards?

Not with pc cards.
But my compact-flash cards with converter works.
I've got cf-cards from Sandisk, Viking and Mitsubishi.
I posted about the wierd Viking card a few weeks ago...

If anyone out there wants support for a certain ATA-card
feel free to send them to me and I will make sure it works! =)

If I were you would I have a look at the data-sheet for the
pc-card and verify that the ata registers are mapped at the right
positions...

SanDisk has got pretty nice CF manuals and I guess that their pc-card
documentation is good too.

> - I formatted the pc card on a win95 box. That should work, right?
>   (At least the boot device list should mention something)

It should work.

>> ATA disk: 'SunDisk SDP'.
>
> Boot device list:Card Not Ready 0x0

It is good that it is able to parse the cis and find out
that it is a ATA disk.

It probably fails when it should send a identify command.

You might need some spinup time if it is a mechanical drive.

Cheers /

magnus