EST8260 Boot Problem

Dan Malek dan at mvista.com
Tue Dec 19 10:15:15 EST 2000

Huy Vu wrote:

> !HALT! - [msg90007]* Exception taken; PC = 0x00900000  Software Emulation

All I know is this is the start address of the image.  At least it got
that much right.  I have never used this monitor.

> P.S. What's HHL talking about when they say "estflash" or "estsimm" and
> "rmon" is included in the CDK.. I installed all packages and I have yet to
> find it...

It is a small rom monitor I wrote along with some programs you can
run from Linux to program the simm and flash prom on the board.  They
have been nothing but headaches, and I think MontaVista consultants
have helped a few customers with the software.  It is best if this
software is just forgotten.  The Wind/EST tools don't want to accomodate
anything but their formats of data in the flash and VxWorks, and trying
to mix these tools with any other software is very frustrating.

	-- Dan