EST8260 Boot Problem

Huy Vu huy.vu at ipoptical.com
Tue Dec 19 09:55:09 EST 2000

This is what I am using

vmlinuz-sbc8260-2.4.0-test2-1.2.2-3 from the HHL web site
I ran the kernel through the "vxhack" with the mod for LE

Then from the "BKM>" prompt I tried to load the kernel (after a successful
TFTP load) to the Vx's Files system. I know this works because I have loaded
VxWorks shell and run using it

When I load the Linux image I get the following error
-------

>BKM>osboot vmlinuz-sbc8260

>BKM>go

!HALT! - [msg90007]* Exception taken; PC = 0x00900000  Software Emulation

--------
Can someone tell me what is going on?

Thanks in advance..
Huy

P.S. What's HHL talking about when they say "estflash" or "estsimm" and
"rmon" is included in the CDK.. I installed all packages and I have yet to
find it...