mount via nfs using MontaVista's Linux for IBM405

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Tue Dec 5 21:21:29 EST 2000

Hello,

I am trying to mount a directory from a nfs server to my IBM405GP board.

Here are the facts:

	Kernel on our 405 board: 2.4.0-test2_mvista_001126
	Root filesystem: target_ftest4 from MontaVista

When I do a: mount -t nfs <nfs-servers-ip>:/home/matthias /test on the
405 board, I get this output (after some delay):

	nfs warning: mount version older than kernel
	portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
	portmap: server localhost not responding, timed out
	lockd_up: makesock failed, error=-5

But I can still telnet to the board (it does not crash) but I cannot
interrupt the mount call.

The nfs server is working properly, because I get the root filesystem
from the same server (with no problems).

Has anybody a solution for this problem ?

Matthias
\ Matthias Fuchs                                 \
 \ esd electronic system design Gmbh              \
  \ Vahrenwalder Straße 205                        \
   \ D-30165 Hannover                               \
    \ email: matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com      \
     \ phone: +49-511-37298-0                         \
      \ fax:   +49-511-37298-68                        \