[i2c] Do I need ucode relocation patch?

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 06:29:44 EST 2000

Hi,

On Monday, December 04, 2000 5:15 PM you wrote:

> I'm using SCC1 as ethernet and SMC1 as ttyS0.
>
> Do I need ucode relocation patch to work with i2c bus?

Yes. This is because the size of the parameter area for SCC1 ethernet is
bigger than the area allocated it, so they overlap the usual I2C
parameter area. (There is a similar conflict between SCC2 ethernet and
SPI.) The relocation patch moves the I2C and SPI parameters to a new
parameter area.

Be aware that the CPM I2C commands for initializing RX and TX buffer
parameters, etc. do not work when using the relocation patch.