Linux on Motorola Sandpoint/PPMC7400

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Wed Aug 30 08:27:21 EST 2000

> Is there any book that you recommend to get me started? Any other
> docs/tips?

_I_ don't know of any books that will help much for board ports.  That doesn't
mean there aren't any...

> > I haven't tested with a 7400 but it should be fairly close if it doesn't work
> > right out of the box.  That is, work without altivec.  I don't know what's
> > involved to use the altivec support in Linux.
>
> In most kernels I've seen (fsmlabs', and I think yours too) there was
> a CONFIG_ALTIVEC option. What does it do?

I haven't looked at the altivec support in linux.  Unless someone asnwers this for
you, you'll have to dig into the kernel/driver code yourself to figure it out.

Did the switch settings help?

Mark