software floating point

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Tue Aug 29 15:48:59 EST 2000

=?iso-8859-1?B?wda5zrHU?= writes:
> I have some questions...about soft-floating point...

I suggest you read the section in the HOWTO on the subject, at:
    http://members.xoom.com/greyhams/linux/PowerPC-Embedded-HOWTO-13.html

> When compile third step, shoud I use some options to support software floating point?

You need to configure the compiler to make -msoft-float the default in step 2,
and apply the glibc patch to make it work correctly on the 860 before you do
step 3.

> To support software floating point, which steps should I use some special options in above steps and what option is it need?

The options are mentioned in the HOWTO.

Regards,
Graham
--