ext2fs or ramdisk problems......

Whitney, John johnw at aiinet.com
Tue Aug 29 01:27:26 EST 2000

Well, I'd believe that, but...

If I copy a file, such as /bin/vim, into new files until they fill up
the unused ramdisk space, delete the copies, and start copying them
again, I get the "out of space" error (actually, I don't think I even
have to fill up the space before I can get this to happen).  If it were
inode related, I'd think that it was the *number* of files and that for
each file I deleted, I could create a new one (which isn't the case).

I saw the problem in each kernel from the standard 2.2.13 up to 2.2.15
(I was trying to see if newer kernels fixed the problem).  I'm not sure
what is causing it or if anyone else has been troubled by it, but I
thought I'd bring it up to the group.

John Whitney
johnw at aiinet.com