PPCBoot memory mapping problems

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Aug 19 18:26:25 EST 2000

In message <00Aug18.231049adt.7303 at dragon.appliedmicro.ns.ca>
Frank Smith wrote:

> > mapped at 0xC0000000? If it loads at address 0 how do I remap it to
> > 0xC0000000 once the kernel starts? Is there any way to force the kernel to
>
> Basically, the kernel boot process should be doing this *for* you.
>
> Part of the kernel boot process is to set up a memory mapping from
> virtual C0000000 to physical 00000000, and then enable address translation.

Right, but just to make this absolutely clear: this  is  done  within
the Linux kernel, you don't have to do anything for that in PPCBoot.

> > run in lower memory?
>
> I doubt it.  It shouldn't be necessary, tho.

There is no need to do anything like that in PPCBoot.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Comparing information  and  knowledge  is  like  asking  whether  the
fatness  of  a  pig  is more or less green than the designated hitter
rule."                                               - David Guaspari