Journeyman configure/build options for gcc & glibc?

Joe Green jgreen at mvista.com
Fri Aug 18 01:02:59 EST 2000

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Graham Stoney wrote:
> I tried upgrading my root filesystem from Journeyman
> to 1.2, and now binaries built with my compiler work correctly with the HHL1.2
> libraries.  I never saw any varargs problems between my gcc-2.95.2 and
> glibc-2.1.3 once the other 8xx fixes were applied (the same ones that are
> now in the 1.2 SRPMs), so perhaps whatever got "fixed" in Journeyman was a bad
> mod that got backed out again for 1.2.
>
> Anyway, I'm happy.

OK, I'm glad to hear that.

>  My only gripe about the otherwise excellent Hard Hat kit
> is the ugly symlink from /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/8xx/powerpc-linux -> /
> which is necessary on the _target_.

Yes, we agree.  We actually have already fixed this, but it missed the
cutoff for the CDs; it was easy to fix, but was unfortunately overlooked
until too late.  It will be one of the first updates we post.

> (Well, actually I'm not thrilled with the gcc/cccp.c relocation hack either;
>  this sounds like a job for configure --prefix to me, but aside from that I'm
>  happy :-)

We have customers who want the installation location configurable at
install time.  gcc seems to be the only package that has a problem with
this.  I think we're working on a better solution for the next release.

> Keep up the good work!

Thanks
--
Joe Green <jgreen at mvista.com>