Problem for compiling linux-2.2.5-embedded

Brendan Simon bsimon at ctam.com.au
Wed Sep 15 11:14:53 EST 1999

sébastien tadéoni wrote:

> I've some problems with the cross-compilation of the 2.2.5-embedded
> kernel for MPC860 (configure for a MBX card).
>
> ppc_ksyms.c:77:'isa_io_base' undeclared here (not in a fonction)
>
> ppc_ksyms.c:77:'initializer element for '--ksymtab_isa_io_base.value'
> is not constant
>
> In the ppc_ksyms.c I see EXPORT_SYMBOL(isa_io_base) and I don't no what
> it minds.

First join the new linuxppc-embedded mailing list.  This is a ppc-embedded
problem and there is no need to hassle the ppc-users or ppc-developers.

I had these problems too.  It is definately a configuration problem.  I am
using the latest embedded source mpc8xx-2.3.10.tgz but had the same
problems with embedded-2.2.5.  Send your .config file.

Things you should NOT have included are :
- serial support and serial-console support.  I know this sounds wrong but
that's the way it is.
- virtual terminals
- make sure that no network cards are selected.

Brendan Simon.

PS. I think there is a sample configuration file in embedded-notes.txt or
mbx-notes.txt on the ftp site.