LinuxPPC with BDM

Richard Hendricks ra6353 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 14 00:36:17 EST 1999

The BDM runs into problems when the underlying operating system uses the
MMUs to implement a page table.  Since the BDM doesn't understand page
tables, when it stops the core it assumes the PC is pointing into
physical memory.  This makes debugging the kernel difficult using BDM.
Using the BDM inherently doesn't change any registers, but MPC8bug may
initialize some registers you don't want it to.