NFS Root - I am further ahead

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Mon Oct 25 03:12:48 EST 1999

Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Sounds like you haven't made the highly needed MPC8xx modifications
> to glibc. See the archive of this list.

Those are not needed at this point unless you are running with
copyback data cache enabled.  I don't think the kernel normally
sets this mode (in head.S) because you can run with the standard
distribution files and libraries.

Normally, at this point I find the console device isn't working
correctly.  That is, the NFS server isn't properly handling things
in /dev, the symbolic link of /dev/console is wrong, or the
/dev/console node itself isn't correct.

	-- Dan