Real Time response/latency question

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Tue Nov 30 14:48:44 EST 1999

Hi folks,

I'm looking at software architecture questions, and wondering how much
application domain work I can move out of driver land and into user space,
hence the following question: Can anyone give me a rough idea of the maximum
latency in user space I could expect on an 860T based system with multiple
threads, where only one thread has SCHED_RR realtime scheduling priority?

Thanks,
Graham

PS: If you're in Sydney Australia and you're interested in an Embedded Linux
job doing 860/855T stuff, please let me know.