Converting zImage to S-records for CLLF/860T

Dan Malek dan at netx4.com
Fri Nov 26 06:31:13 EST 1999

Graham Stoney wrote:

> ......but I can't find zsrec anywhere and I'm equally unsure of
> the magic incantation to objcopy. The output from the obvious:
>     powerpc-linux-objcopy -O srec zImage zImage.srec
> is far too small to be correct.

At one time I did find the proper options to objcopy to create
the proper S-record file, but I found it easier and faster to
write a simple C program to do it.  I thought I put it on the
ppc.kernel.org server, but I will do that again.

> Could someone please point me in the right direction to find zsrec?

Look on the ppc.kernel.org server in a few minutes.  The program
just strips the 64K ELF header and converts the rest of the
file into S-Records.  You can use -h to include the header, in
case the file isn't ELF and you want the header.  You can use -s
to specify a different (hex) start address for the S-records.

	-- Dan