Converting zImage to S-records for CLLF/860T

Graham Stoney greyham at research.canon.com.au
Thu Nov 25 17:58:49 EST 1999

Dear fellow Embedees,

Now that our RPX CLLF/860T boards have arrived, I'm attempting to download a
kernel built from the mpc8xx-2.2.13.tgz sources via 100Mb Ethernet. The board
expects S-records, and the embedded_notes file mentions using 'zsrec' to
convert the zImage, but I can't find zsrec anywhere and I'm equally unsure of
the magic incantation to objcopy. The output from the obvious:
    powerpc-linux-objcopy -O srec zImage zImage.srec
is far too small to be correct.

Could someone please point me in the right direction to find zsrec?

Thank you,
Graham