Please help me...

dony dony.he at huawei.com.cn
Fri Dec 31 13:29:35 EST 1999

Hi,
      Now I am trying to embed linux onto our MPC860-based board. I have
some questions which may be solved by you embed-linux gurus....
     What I want to do  is the following:
    1     Initialize the MPC860 CPU , memory, serial port, enet port .
    2    Download  the linux powerpc kernel (which I have cross-compiled
on my X86 box)
           from the TFTP server to RAM on board.
    3    run the kernel.
Now the 1 and 2 step work well, but when I download the kernel to RAM on
board, It just cannot run.Do you know why? How can I programme to make
it run? Since the kernel is a compressed image (zvmlinux), need I make
some codes to decompress it and then run it? if so, how to do it?
 Thank you very much :-))
 Merry christmas & happy year.

dony